real life happy Monday

Monday 6 January 2014



Today was one of those real life, happy days. Ellia is finally down to one nap, after a month of transition and hell. She's happy and turning into a big girl before my eyes. She actually sat down and coloured instead of trying to eat the crayons, break them into little pieces and chuck them on floor, or feed them to Piper. She tried to change her baby's diaper and kept giving her kisses. She pushed her around the house in her stroller and shared her pretend cookie with her. She ate like a champ and didn't throw any food on the ground, or purposely pour her water all over her food. She didn't have a tantrum and nose dive starfish style on the floor screaming.  She helped me clean because she is obsessed with helping and the vacuum. She didn't climb on my desk chair and shot put my iMac mouse. We cuddled and she gave me hugs and kisses and said mamamamama 3200 times. She didn't freak out when I tried to change her diaper. She went to bed with not even a peep.


This morning I actually got up, showered and did my hair before Ellia got up. I cleaned and did laundry and answered emails. Three kids came to the door asking to shovel my porch for $1 and I gave them $3.  (it's the little things, right)

Not to mention that I hit 10k followers on Instagram. I have never, ever cared about numbers, that's not why I am on IG. It's about the community, the inspiring and creative people, the wonderful moms and babies, and seeing a part of their lives. I get to experience how others live, what they love, what their home looks like. I have been able to watch bellies grow, babies come into the world, witness those same babies turning one and becoming big brothers or sisters. It's amazing, really. And the fact that so many people are interested in MY life, and my daughter, home, and complete daily craziness is so unreal.

It's days like today that make me feel like maybe I am doing something right with this whole parenting/life thing. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but I am definitely going to cherish today.

            

xoxo nat

7 comments:

  1. Loved thus post. You are a wonderful mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Those dreamy days are the best! Enjoy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds like an amazing day. We get those every once in a while and you're right you do just feel like you got this whole parenting thing DOWN! ;) I am glad you wrote it down and captured it, this will be a fun day to look back on xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a fabulous mommy and I love getting a sneak peek into your beautiful, crazy life...cause let's face it life is beautiful AND lot'sa good crazy!!! xoxo you friend *G*

    ReplyDelete

glitter & the girls. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.