#theglitterdress

Sunday 16 November 2014

#theglitterdress


I bought this dress on a random night at the mall. I was having one of those bad days where you just need to get out of the house and the mall seemed like the logical place to go. This dress instantly caught my attention. I knew it was completely impractical; I did not have anywhere to wear it, but it was fun and I always wanted a sequins dress so I bought it anyway. I also bought a matching sequins skirt, I have no idea why. Retail therapy is real people.

Then the idea just came to me, I needed to start a little personal series with my new dress. I plan on wearing in different settings and environments,  and bringing it along with me on vacations. Photos on the ocean in Cali in my glitter dress, yes please! Any SoCal photographers want to meet me at the beach? :)

The snow was slowly drifting, you can see it if you look really closely. And it is cold out. Like below zero cold. -3 in case you really wanted to know. That's 26F. 

I used to figure skate. Not pro status or anything, I didn't start as a young child, so it was always more of a hobby. I did however used to teach CanSkate, which is all the little kiddies and that was so fun. I also taught my cousin Dante to skate backwards, crossovers and all and now he plays a really high level of competitive hockey for his age, so that's gotta mean something, right?  I bought these skates at Value Village, a thrift store and spray painted them a light pink to go along with all of my christmas decor. Haven't exactly decided what to do with them yet, either over the mantle or front door maybe, but they sure did make a cute prop.



Thanks to the hubs for freezing his ass off and taking these photos for me! 

Dress: H&M
Parka & pink mitts: Aritzia 
Shoes: Target
Pink toque: Joe Fresh - old



2 comments:

  1. What a super fun idea! Can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete

glitter & the girls. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.